The words “Fair Trade” have hit the trend radar lately, but it’s way more than just purchasing beautiful, artisan crafted products. It’s a movement and lifestyle for many of us who want to make a difference across the globe.
There are many reasons to shop Fair Trade. Here are our top 5!
1. Fair Trade gives artisans control over their future by providing them the opportunity to build their own businesses, which in turn benefits their communities. A thriving community provides more hope for tomorrow.
2. Fair Trade values the importance of protecting the environment. For example, instead of using toxic chemicals, our partners in San Juan la Laguna, Guatemala use coffee, avocado, berries, cocoa, tree bark, and other plants to create the beautiful colors you see here. Many of the plants used are actually grown in their backyard.
3. Fair Trade supports communities and artisans around the world by enabling them to receive livable wages to cover home costs, education, health care and more.
Related post: Gautemalen traditions: Natural Dyes
4. Fair Trade brings you closer to different communities and cultures around the world. Every piece is unique to where it was made, and carefully handcrafted by talented artisans.
6. Fair Trade means that what you’re buying matters and making a difference. From handmade bags and to beaded jewelry, all of our goods have their own life and story.